My 2yr old and I had fun creating these colorful fish this weekend. Here’s how you can do it to!
- Small plastic containers, I used small snack containers
- Colorations® Colorful Craft Sand $2.99 per color
- Fun Fish Sand Pendants and Funnels (12 pcs) $7.99
- Pour small amounts of colored sand into several toddler friendly containers. I used small plastic snack bowls. We had one red, one blue, one yellow and one purple.
- Allow your child to insert the funnel into the plastic fish and dump the sand into the funnel. A little goes a long way, so as long as there is only a little bit of sand in each container, you’ll be able to create more colorfully layered fish.
- Tip: We made several fish pretty quickly, but my son still wanted to play, so I just let him dump a fish out and play with the leftover sand. Of course the colors got all mixed up, but he didn’t care and he was entertained for a while, so it was a win for both of us!